Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sport
I uploaded some football recruiting notes on many of the top prospects, including Adam McLean and Marcus Lewis.
- Quince Orchard defensive tackle Adam McLean told me that although he has a top five which includes Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Ole Miss, and Pittsburgh, those are schools that are showing the most interest that he wants to pay more attention to, which means that his top schools can change. When asked his feeling for Maryland, he responded “Maryland has some really good things coming along…I met Coach Wilt. I love him, he’s very energetic and exciting.” McLean confirmed he will not be able to make his unofficial visit to Maryland this weekend, but will come again soon, despite taking an unofficial visit to Penn State this weekend. McLean also added that he would add Maryland to his top eight. He’s looking to commit at the Under Armour All-American game or National Signing Day, but as he said, “anything can change.”
- I spoke to Marcus Lewis from Gonzaga this week. Lewis added offers from Notre Dame, Syracuse, NC State, and Wake Forest this past week. Lewis, along with fellow Terp target Jabari Greenwood, will be at Kentucky this weekend for junior day. Lewis has been a frequent visitor for the Terps, and although 247Sports lists Clemson and Virginia Tech on top, I would still say Maryland is firmly in the mix for the one-time Virginia Tech commit. It sure helps Maryland’s case when Damian Prince is already on the recruiting trail.
- Gonzaga quarterback Nick Johns picked up an offer from Maryland Wednesday night after he spoke with coach Randy Edsall. Johns told me that Edsall and offensive coordinator Mike Locksley would schedule a time for both coaches to sit down with Johns a little more. Maryland is the second school to offer Johns after Virginia. When asked where the Terps will stand at the end of John’s recruitment, he said Maryland will “absolutely” be in there.
- Offensive guard David Robbins will be at junior day as well. I spoke with the rising senior and he said Maryland and Illinois are the only two schools to offer so far, but more will certainly come. Of Illinois, “it was my first offer so I visited them, went to a basketball game. It was a lot of fun, met all the coaches. Met all the coaches there, it just felt like family.” Of Maryland, “Maryland means a lot because it’s my home state. Coach Dunn [his lead recruiter] said he picked the Maryland job over other jobs because he really feels Maryland has something special.”
- Wilson outside linebacker Kareem McDonald believes Maryland will offer on junior day, but McDonald did receive his first offer a couple of weeks ago from Toledo. McDonald plans to visit just to get a better feel for the atmosphere, but if and when Maryland offers, I believe McDonald will commit to Maryland. At this point, it’s only a matter of time.
- Tight end Chris Clark has picked up numerous offers, including Cincinnati, Illinois, Purdue, Ole Miss, and Iowa, but took to twitter to say he’s not really feeling Maryland too much.
- Adam McLean picked up an offer from Clemson
- David Robbins picked up an offer from Wake Forest
- Damascus athlete Jalen Christian picked up an offer from Rutgers
- Great Valley (PA) Ryan Buchholz picked up offers from West Virginia and Connecticut
- South Oak Cliff (TX) Prentice McKinney picked up offers from Boise State, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame,
- Lawrenceville School offensive tackle Grant Newsome picked up offers from Ohio State, West Virginia, Michigan, and Miami
- Good Counsel defensive end Darius Fullwood picked up offers from West Virginia
- St. John’s College safety Ayron Monroe picked up an offer from Mississippi State
- Stonewall Jackson defensive tackle Tim Settle picked up offers from Kentucky, Syracuse, and Louisville
- Timber Creek (NJ) Kareem Ali picked up offers from Michigan State and West Virginia
- Bishop Kenny (FL) Tyler Jordan picked up offers from Georgia, Kentucky, Stanford, California, and Ohio State
- St. Peters Prep quarterback Brandon Wimbush picked up an offer from Michigan State
- St. John’s College defensive end/outside linebacker Eric Assoua picked up a Western Michigan offer
- Eldorado (NM) quarterback Zach Gentry picked up an offer from Maryland
- Gonzaga offensive guard Richie Petitbon picked up an offer from Illinois
- C.D. Hylton Matthew Burrell picked up an offer from Michigan State
- Friendship Academy offensive guard Quarvez Boulware picked up an offer from Iowa
- Eleanor Roosevelt offensive tackle Isaiah Prince picked up an offer from Mississippi State