- Here’s what I do know: history tends to repeat itself. I know that the last time Maryland was a force in football (excluding that crazy 2002 season), Bobby Ross was hauling in young local studs to build a solid state school program. I also know that Randy Edsall and his staff have started to do the same thing during his tenure there. It hasn’t been with the same explosiveness that Ross gave the Terps, but it is similar. One of those local players Marland has grabbed is Damian Prince, who TestudoTimes profiled recently. Yeah, this guy’s all in.
- Turgeon recently tweeted out this gem:
Now with that having been shown, Baltimore Sports & Life profiles a list of 2015 prospects that Maryland needs to go after. Of all those players, I think the small forward and point guard spot require the most attention.
- TestudoTimes let’s you know that a few former Terps baseball players are sizzling in the MLB summer leagues, which is kind of the first time I’ve been able to say that in my entire life.
- The Wisconsin Badgers blog Bucky’s Fifth Quarter gives a little rundown of the Maryland Terrapins from their perspective. They’re not far off, and relatively fair in their assessment.
- Stefon Diggs landed on some watch lists for really good players, and the sky is still blue. (WaPo)
- Brad Craddock is a good kicker. Still having a hard time forgetting NCST. (TSMD)
- Everyone knew Dexter McDougle was a good player, but I’ll admit that I wasn’t expecting him to catch on so quickly in the NFL, given that he missed almost the entirety of last season. Super proud of the kid and he’s clearly doing big things for himself. (Baltimore Sun)
TSMD officially endorses Argentina, because we need at least one American team in the World Cup final.