- It’s hard to really say what Maryland is going to get out of Michal Cekovsky, the men’s basketball team’s 7-foot Slovakian import. For most fans, there are only highlight reels to go off of and the majority of folks stateside haven’t seen him play. But he’s on campus now, and Turgeon wants to dispel any notion that he’s comparable with former Maryland big man Alex Len, says Daniel Martin of ComcastSportsNet.com.
- You wanted some recruiting news? You got yourself some recruiting news as Keith Cavanaugh of TerrapinTimes.com joins 105.7 The Fan (Baltimore). He’s got some good things to say regarding point guards and the 2015 class.
- The Michigan site over at SBNation, Maize & Brew, got Pete Volk of TestudoTimes.com to spill the beans about the Maryland Terrapins football team. Pete’s fraternizing with the enemy, again.
- Alyssa Thomas, one of the greatest Lady Terps basketball players of all time, was given a very good award by the Atlantic Coast Conference media. A lot can be made about Maryland leaving the conference and how they won’t miss us much, but the sheer amount of dominance the Terps had in a lot of sports and grabbing awards like this one suggests otherwise. (Baltimore Sun)
- In another article from the Sun, Don Markus vehemently disagrees with CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman that Seth Allen was the best transfer player available this offseason. I completely agree with this assessment, because while Allen was a very good player and not a team cancer, he was also hurt both seasons in College Park and wasn’t as elite a scorer as other players available this summer. The nation’s leading scorer was around and you’re trying to tell me Allen was the better prospect?
Happy Weekend, y’all!