- The Maryland Terrapins got a major commitment on Friday when Georgia Tech transfer Robert Carter Jr. opted to take his services to College Park. Carter is a future double-double machine and came darn near averaging one for the Yellow Jackets last season, so this is a huge pickup for Maryland. While he’s not eligible to play right away, the former McDonald’s All-American will step in for Smotrycz once he departs perfectly. (Washington Post)
- The baseball team is just killing it lately. From the awesome mustache of Bobby Ruse to advancing to a Super Regional, these Terps are the stuff of legends in my opinion. But to become really epic, they have to get by Virginia in a three-game series; the Cavaliers being a team many thought could win the entire College World Series. Well, looks like they took the first one. (StreakingTheLawn.com)
- As is tradition, expectations for the football team in College Park are a lot higher than those outside of the turtlesphere. For some, Maryland could be a powerhouse with two of the best receivers in the country, an improved offensive line and a senior quarterback. For AthlonSports.com, they may just squeak by.
- Speaking of AthlonSports.com, the Terrapins head coach Randy Edsall gets an interesting spot in their annual college football coach rankings. The only thing that really matter is how he compares to the rest of the Big Ten coaches, though.
- Ben Strack of TestudoTimes.com has even more good news concerning the Terps baseball team!
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":