Sep 14, 2013; East Hartford, CT, USA; Maryland Terrapins wide receiver Stefon Diggs (1) runs in a touchdown against Connecticut Huskies cornerback Taylor Mack (29) during the second half at Rentschler Field. Mandatory Credit: Mark L. Baer-USA TODAY Sports
- There’s no question that if Maryland wants to beat Florida State, they’re going to have to protect the rock. I know it, you know it, and in case you were wondering, Mike Locksley definitely knows it. With seven fumbles (six of which were recovered), the Terps had better be loading their gloves up with pine tar on the flight down. (Washington Post)
- Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel answers a few questions from the Baltimore Sun staff about the Florida State-FSU matchup. If you want the inside scoop from an insider’s perspective, I’d suggest you head here. You’ll probably be interested in (and hate) the part about comparing EJ Manuel and Jameis Winston. I sure did.
- In case you haven’t followed us on Twitter (@terpstationmd), it’s safe to let you know now that Maryland will be wearing their White Ops uniforms this Saturday. (TestudoTimes)
- Randy Edsall hit up local Baltimore radio (the Norris and Davis Show) to discuss the big matchup, so in case you can’t get enough fill about the game be sure to head here and listen.
- AthlonSports.com, which tends to be pretty accurate with their rankings and analysis, has the Florida State Seminoles winning this weekend. Most of the guesses are by larger margins than most folks locally have been predicting. Considering their analysts are a collective 167-29 this year, I’m not happy.
Topics: Florida State Seminoles, Jameis Winston, Maryland Football, Maryland Terrapins, Terps