Nov 24, 2012; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; Maryland Terrapins defensive back Matt Robinson (40) breaks up a pass intended for North Carolina Tar Heels wide receiver Erik Highsmith (88) in the second quarter at Kenan Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
- The quest for the next Maryland big man is starting to really heat up, as the Trayvon Reed flip-flop commitment might soon be over when he visits campus Wednesday. InsideMDSports.com has the latest on the subject, so give it a reed here (see what I did there?). I think Maryland fans should be pretty pleased about being in the running for not one, but two quality big men. Thank the stars, honestly, because this wasn’t an option even three years ago.
- Maryland released their injury report Monday evening, and it certainly wasn’t inviting news. Deon Long? Out. Jacquille Veii? Out. Amba Etta? Out. For a team that struggled with injuries all of last season, heading into week one with this many injuries isn’t what they want to hear. But there’s still plenty of time, and these type of bumps and bruises are standard at this time of year. You show me one team without preseason injuries, and I’ll show you a team that doesn’t exist.
- TheNewsTribune.com doesn’t really dabble in Maryland athletics too often give their Seattle base, but when they do, they do a good job. Read up on their preview of Maryland for 2013 to get out of your black, red, and yellow shell and into the mind of an outsider.
- Big Ten preview alert! The Terps men’s soccer team is all set to go up against Penn State soccer in what could be an absolute drubbing, or a sign of things to come. UMTerps gives you the quick details here. Personally, I’m not sure the Big Ten is ready for our soccer program, but then I’m not sure they care that much.
- Yannick Cudjoe-Virgil wants to prove himself, and Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post gives you the story.
Topics: Maryland Football, Maryland Terrapins, Terps, Trayvon Reed