- We’ll begin with the not-so-great news that Wes Brown has been suspended for, at the very least, a semester of college. Make no mistake about it, that’s a hit Maryland did not want to have to take, especially because Brown appeared to be the Terps best back at times last year. Now Maryland will be relying on the three R’s to get it done: Ross, Reid, and Riddle. (Us)
- In continuing with our positional previews, both Chris Bengel and Michael Willis look at the tight ends and the quarterbacks, which have definitive starters but also backups that are anxious to step up and could easily supplant them at some point.
- Pete Volk of TestudoTimes.com continues his Profiles in Terpage by previewing JaJuan “J.J” Dulaney, the Terps third string offensive tackle. I personally like the kid, and can see him getting a decent amount of playing time this year.
- Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post brings us some bad news, as it appears the recently trimmed down Shaquille Cleare is having both back and hammy problems. It’s a shame to see Cleare hurt this early, but the good news is that this is well, well, before the season starts. He’ll bounce back strong.
- In case you’re wondering how the basketball team has been doing, @JonRothstein is killing it covering the Maryland practice at Comcast today. So head over to his Twitter feed and read all about their great team chem, Chuck slimming down, and Jake Layman’s hair.
- And finally, Terps in China.
Happy weekend, y’all! Keep it Maryland.