Apr 2, 2013; New York, NY, USA; Iowa Hawkeyes center Adam Woodbury (34) puts up a shot over Maryland Terrapins center Alex Len (25) during the first half of the NIT Tournament Semi-Final at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
- The biggest news of the day is that the Maryland Terrapins football team picked up another recruit for 2014 in Brett Kulka. The move is both symbolic because we poached a recruit from Big Ten territory and effective, because this kid really seems like he can play. He’s huge, goes to a high school that has produced NFL players, and seems to be a great fit for the defense. Nice job, Randy the Man(dy)
- Alex Len’s name has been in the news a whole lot lately because of the whole NBA draft thing and the fact that he might be the number one pick. The Cleveland Cavaliers are slotted 1-1, so naturally their writers are going to be combing over the top candidates bodies of work intensely. The Plains Dealer collected a bunch of stuff on Alex Len and put it all together, and it’s worth looking at.
- In more Lensanity, here’s what one writer over at TestudoTimes feels is Len’s best game as a Maryland Terrapin. I’m partial to either N.C. State because of how clutch it was or Kentucky because of how exciting it was to see in person, but this one works too.
- The Edsall Bowl has officially been pegged as a night game this year in Connecticut, and hopefully it will be a winning effort this time around. This is the first time the Terps have played a night game on the road since 2009, but I’m glad such a long road trip will get that status. (Alex Prewitt, WaPo)
- The Big Ten move is going to have a pretty big impact, obviously, but it’s hard to get a clear idea of just what it will do to attendance. The school won’t release any estimates, and people are unsure whether it is truly going to help boost attendance that much more. Well fortunately for Maryland fans, they have Jeff Barker to run down all that Maryland is doing in addition to the conference move to boost attendance.
- Finally, keep an eye out for Marcus Applefield, an offensive lineman from Florida who is picking up a whole lot of offers. Maryland marked his twentieth, and grabbing him would be something else (TampaBay.com)
Topics: Alex Len, Maryland Football, Maryland Terrapins, Nba Draft, Recruiting