- The Detroit Free Press broke down the salaries of assistant coaches in the Big Ten (on the football side of things), and the end result is that they make some serious dinero. It’s also no surprise that the top seven spots are occupied by coaches at some of the best schools in the country at football – Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Nebraska. It’s known that to draw in better coaches, you have to draw out your wallet. But where do the Terrapins stack up? Just as WaPo’s Alex Prewitt.
- Any time Maryland can beat Duke, in anything, it’s a good day. Fortunately, the Lady Terps lax team took down the Blue Devils 14-9 Saturday in the NCAA quarterfinals. The Lady Terps are on an absolute tear right now, and don’t look to be slowing down. They get to go up against future Big Ten opponent in Northwestern in the semifinals. They haven’t had the best luck with Northwestern, but even more interesting is that they have a former Terp on the coaching staff. (WaPo)
- Well here’s something interesting that might pique a few people’s interest…if you’re into believing in longshots. The Terps were previously heavy on the trail for the best shooting guard in the 2014 class, Rashad Vaughn, before backing off. Well, it appears Vaughn is hesitant to sign with North Carolina after visiting there over the weekend. He’s opened up his recruitment again, and that means anything can happen between now and National Signing Day. I don’t think Maryland or Vaughn has interest anymore, but we’ll have to see what happens. When a recruit says he’s opened up his recruiting, it usually provides an opportunity to swoop in.
- Well Maryland can probably be a little happier about leaving the ACC now that news has come out that there may not be an ACC network for a long, long time. The ACC has yet to buy back it’s media rights from Raycom and Fox Sports Net, which means unless they figure out a way to do so, they won’t be eligible to do anything until 2027. So what does that mean? Conference realignment talk is going to continue to be talked about, and people may have been too quick in calling John Swofford a genius. (MrSEC.com)
- I’m not entirely certain how I missed this, but Athlon Sports decided to take a stab at Maryland’s potential at getting to a bowl game next year a few weeks ago. Find out their analysis (as well as plenty of others) right here.
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":