- We’ll start things off with this tweet:
- Jalen Tabor is
gooda phenomenal talent. I got a chance to take in his abilities up close at the Nike Football Training Camp, and I’ll admit I came away more than impressed. After seeing him summarily dominate most of the receivers on the field, I kinda decided that Tabor was a guy who could change the entire direction of a program. He also had some good praise for the Terrapins, thus keeping my dreams alive.
- Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post does it again. This time it’s with a piece featuring Lefty Driesell, who speaks, among other things, about the legendary Len Bias. It’s an article that every Terps fan, heck every college hoops fan, should have read by now. I’m giving you a second chance to do so.
- The ACC approved grant of media rights, and in doing so effectively dashed Florida State’s hopes of leaving the conference anytime soon. That also has side-effects, though, like the Big Ten now being unable to expand any further and nab more schools from the ACC.
- Maryland basketball also offered another guard in Tre Campbell, a top 200 player in the 2014 class. I’m not entirely sure if that scholarship won’t get retracted at some point if Campbell decides to accept it, but having him on the bench would be big. He may ride the pine for the Terps, but he’d start at some mid-major colleges.
- Matt Bracken of the Baltimore Sun is always on the beat, and he gives us a rundown of the AAU circuit that transpired last weekend. There were plenty of games that included Terps targets, and it’s worth seeing how they managed against some very good competition.