- Right now the Terrapins are in desperate need of a true point guard. That probably wouldn’t be the case if their once prized recruit, Sam Cassell Jr., was allowed to play for them. Cassell, son of the famed alien/guard Sam Cassell, was ruled ineligible last year due to academic reasons. So what is Jr. up to, and does he still miss the Terps? Matt Bracken will go ahead and fill you in.
- In case you missed it, Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks retained his superstar backup for yet another season. No I’m not talking about Matt Flynn or Brady Quinn. I’m talking about former Maryland Terrapin Josh Portis. (Seattle Times)
- On a lighter note, the Maryland Terrapins women’s lacrosse team is balling outrageous right now. In fact, in their big win over Princeton, four ladies notched hat tricks in a 15-9 win. I know the men’s team is great, but the women’s squad is absolutely stacked this year so be sure to support them. (Diamondback Online)
- For the second day in a row I get to give my Jewish Terps a shout out by linking this awesome story about the largest Jewish basketball tournament in the nation coming to College Park, Maryland. With over 6,000 Jewish students at Maryland, this is something I take pride in. In attendance, among others, will be David Stern…kinda. (JewishVoiceNY.com)
- Finally, Terps baseball is doing some good things lately, including pummeling Virginia school George Mason thanks to the efforts of Big “Papio.” Maryland may be starting to hit a groove with their bats, which bodes well for the future.
Another beautiful day, Roll Terps.