Maryland has just released their post-spring football depth chart, and there are quite a bit of changes. Let’s get started.
- The starting O-Line remains Max Garcia, Andrew Gonnella, Bennett Fulper, Josh Cary and R.J. Dill while Justin Gilbert and Justin Lewis recover from injury. Don’t be surprised if Cary remains the starter even after Lewis recovers, however.
- At wideout, Kevin Dorsey and Quintin McRee still are starting on the outside, while Kerry Boykins and Ronnie Tyler are in a battle for the slot. There is a battle between Devin Burns and Adrian Coxson for the backup spot to Dorsey.
- Davin Meggett has the starting tailback slot outright over D.J. Adams. After the departure of Gary Douglas, walk-on defensive backs Kwabena Ofori and Desmond Haynes have both been moved to tailback.
- With Taylor Watson and Haroon Brown both leaving the program, redshirt freshman Rahsaan Moore is the starting fullback. Transfer Jeff Hernandez is his back-up.
- As expected, Troy Jones is the third-string quarterback.
- The starting defensive line is Clarence Murphy, Joe Vellano, Andre Monroe, and David Mackall. Murphy took the defensive end position from Isaiah Ross, who is now Mackall’s primary backup at ROCK. A.J. Francis, a two-year starter, is Vellano’s primary backup at defensive tackle. Justin Anderson, a former starter as well, is Monroe’s primary backup.
- Lorne Goree has moved from Will to Mike, making him Demetrius Hartsfield’s backup. Behind Darin Drakeford at Will are Lamonte Gaddis and Shaquan Virgil.
- Dexter McDougle has won one of the starting corner spots, over Trenton Hughes. Hughes now becomes the main backup to Cameron Chism.