- I don’t know if the secondary has had a better game this year (Morgan State doesn’t count). Antwine Perez has a fumble recovery and two interceptions (including one fantastic one), Kenny Tate forced the fumble and had a sack, and they’ve played pretty well in coverage.
- Maryland is not doing well in run defense over the middle. Alex Wujciak has not had a great game, and Montel Harris has rushed 18 times for 94 yards.
- Danny O’Brien is having a great game. He’s thrown for three touchdowns and is doing a good job with his reads and progressions.
- The running game has struggled, but as long as O’Brien keeps on finding a variety of targets in the passing game, that doesn’t matter right now.
- I didn’t expect the Fulper move to work on the O-Line, because I don’t like having two players playing new positions (three, if you still include Dill), but it’s been fine. O’Brien was sacked twice, and the Terps haven’t been able to run the ball at all, but there haven’t been the usual glaring errors that we’ve seen in the past.
- Also, Chase Rettig is really, really bad right now. He could be a good quarterback in the future, but he hasn’t been able to make his throws today.
- The Terps have all the momentum heading into the half, and should win their first road game in over a year.