- The Terps’ offense can score without Justin Gilbert. Maryland was able to put up 42 points tonight, and Pete DeSouza and co. played surprisingly well. Danny O’Brien was sacked only once and the running game found success at times.
- The defense needs to learn how to tackle. Tackling and hitting are not the same.
- O’Brien looks like the real deal. 250 yards and two touchdowns aren’t outrageous stats, but he didn’t make a single mistake and looked incredibly poised at quarterback. The quarterback battle may be all but over.
- The defense needs to know where the first down marker is and play accordingly. Too many times an FIU player was hit two yards before the first during third down and was able to fall forward.
- Special teams is still a huge strength. Travis Baltz looked good punting (but not so good as a placekicker), and you can’t say enough about Tony Logan.
- Defensive coordinator Don Brown has to adjust his strategy against the spread. They were killed on third downs when they blitzed, and still didn’t manage a single sack against Wesley Carroll.
Tags: Floridainternationalgoldenpanthers Football Whatwelearned